Fireworks show ruined because of actual fire

All Tuesday tree fires were being attributed to Fourth of July fireworks, the department tweeted.

A Fourth of July celebration may have ruined a family's home.

The fire started in a garbage can due to improperly disposing of fireworks.

"Even the simplest things like sparklers that we think are safe for kids can be like 1200 degrees", said Eureka Fire Department's Scott Barthelmass.

Lincoln Fire and Rescue Acting Battalion Chief Shane Cuttlers said several people were spraying the flames with garden hoses when firefighters arrived. It was contained to the balcony, they said, and didn't spread to the apartment itself.

Officials are investigating whether fireworks sparked a house fire late Tuesday in Satellite Beach.

While fire officials have not definitively determined the cause of both blazes, they are leaning toward fireworks being involved. "Using illegal fireworks can lead to a possible fine up to $50,000, as well as jail or prison time up to one year".

Firefighters responded to the 1800 block of Addison Road South in District Heights at around 10:30 p.m., Brady said in a statement.

An unknown number of people were inside the house but no one was injured, Sands said.

Visible damage could be seen on the side of the house.

"If they are selling illegal fireworks we have the ability to shut them down", Hare told CBS4's Kelly Werthmann.